Open to AAMFT members only.
AAMFT is pleased to launch our second cohort (2018-2019) for the Certificate in Leadership. The Certificate of Leadership is the flagship program of the Leadership Network. This unique program has been developed to provide MFTs of all levels with the skills to enable them to help advance both their own careers and our vibrant and expanding profession.
Designed to be completed over 18-months, this program is the first of its kind for MFTs. Built around a unique mix of training, education, mentoring, and self-discovery that delivers the most comprehensive experience available. The training will focus on key areas of leadership development both in the concept and the practical application of skills. The Certificate in Leadership includes 25 hours of continuing education comprised of live events at the Leadership Symposium and the Certificate in Leadership Day (held on-site at the AAMFT Annual Conference). New cohorts for the Certificate of Leadership program are opened each year in conjunction with the Leadership Symposium.
This credential is ideal for:
- MFTs interested in leadership positions within their place of work, communities, or within AAMFT.
- MFTs interested in key roles in advocacy or policy development.
- Emerging MFTs interested in developing a foundation of leadership skills to guide their careers.
- In-person training at the Leadership Symposium and the Annual Conference Institute - Training will focus on key areas of leadership development both in concept and the practical application of skills
- Online, on demand training via Teneo - Additional courses to enhance and customize your experience to your needs
- Personalized DiSC inventory - Personalized assessment to determine leadership and communication strengths and areas for improvement
- Mentor pairing - Get connected with a leader in the MFT field for advisement and mentoring
- Leadership portfolio - Development of portfolio to showcase leadership skills and efforts
Testimonials from past participants:
“I think this training is one of the best. The presenters were just great and the material covered was enriching. I have started to discover myself more.”
Leadership Symposium: 12 hours
Certificate of Leadership Day at Annual Conference: 7 hours
Online Teneo training: 6 hours
*All 25 hours must be completed
$550 by January 9 / $575 after January 9 - This cost includes Leadership Symposium and Annual Conference Certificate of Leadership Day (Thursday) registration. Full Annual Conference registration can be added for an additional $200, an exclusive offer for those in the Certificate in Leadership cohort.
Up the 5 scholarship opportunities are available for the 2018 cohort. View the Scholarship Application for the AAMFT Certificate in Leadership for instructions and qualifications. Applications must be received by December 29, 2017. Shoclarship recipients must attend the Certificate in Leadership Day at the annual conference in Louisville, KY on November 15-18 in order to receive the credential. Questions regarding the scholarship should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Requirements for Online Portion
To access the Teneo video courses, you will need to use either Google Chrome or Apple Safari as your internet browser. Click here to download Google Chrome or download Apple Safari.
In the case of circumstances beyond its control, AAMFT reserves the right to make necessary changes in presenters and content of all AAMFT Certificate in Leadership training.
Due to the nature of the training related to the AAMFT Certificate in Leadership, cancellations and any subsequent request for refund must be made 30 days prior to the start of the Leadership Symposium for a full refund. Cancellations made up to 30 days before the Conference Institute (held in conjunction with the AAMFT Annual Conference), will be eligible for a 25% refund. Cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the Conference Institute will not be eligible for a refund.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing, and can be sent to email@example.com.