To maintain the highest quality supervisors in the field, AAMFT requires that Approved Supervisors take a refresher course prior to the renewal of their designation. This course is designed specifically to meet that requirement and to keep participants up to date on the practice of clinical supervision. In addition to attending a 3-hour online live webinar, participants will view PowerPoint presentations, read a few articles, and complete 2 short written assignments, one before the webinar and one after. This course must be completed within 6 months of initial registration.
As of July 1, 2015 all refresher courses are offered exclusively through AAMFT. If you have any questions on if your planned course is approved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to taking the course.
NOTE: There is a high demand for this course. We at AAMFT will try to meet this demand as best we can; however, to guarantee availability, early registration is strongly advised.
This online course consists of three parts:
- Completion of a two-hour online didactic portion to be completed on your own through AAMFT's Teneo online learning system.
- Readings and short assignments as directed by the instructor.
- Participation in one three-hour interactive, online discussion group.
Please plan to attend the entire interactive session of this course. Access to interactive webinars needs to be from a non-distracting, private place because of confidentiality and security. Please avoid accessing the interactive webinars from public areas (coffeehouses, restaurants, etc.). Please e-mail email@example.com for any questions regarding this.
Upcoming Discussion Group Times:
- Friday, September 18, 2015 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Friday, September 25, 2015 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
5 hours of CE credit will be received after the full completion of this course.
$215 - Each participant will receive a certificate of completion as well as credit for five continuing education hours
AAMFT is more than happy to provide visual and audio accommodations for those interested in taking this course. If you require accommodations to take this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks before your interactive session.
Technical Requirements for Interactive Portions:
Technical requirements for the online discussion groups are listed below. It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets these needs prior to your discussion groups session.
- Internet connection with cable modem, DSL or better.
- PC or Mac Computer
- PC: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server. Dual core 2.4 GHz CPU or faster with at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Mac: Mac OS® X 10.6 Snow Leopard®, Mac OS® X 10.7 (Lion®) or Mac OS® X 10.8 (Mountain Lion®). 2.4GHz Intel processor (Core 2 Duo) or faster with at least 1 GB of RAM.
- Internet Explorer® 7.0 or newer, Mozilla® Firefox® 4.0 or newer, Google Chrome™ 5.0 or newer or Safari® 3.0 or newer.
- 700Kbps or more bandwidth recommended per participant for simultaneous screen sharing, audio and video conferencing.
- Headsets, headphones, earbuds, or any personal earphone.
In order to participate in the interactive portion of this class, you will need to download the BlueJeans plugin to gain access to the class. This helpful PDF will instruct you on how to download and test this software.
This course CANNOT be accessed using an iPad or other mobile device.
In the case of circumstances beyond its control, the AAMFT reserves the right to make necessary changes in presenters and content of all AAMFT Approved Supervision Refresher Courses.
Due to the limited availability of spaces in the online Approved Supervision courses, cancellations and any subsequent request for refund must be made 30 days prior to the start of your scheduled interactive session. Cancellations made within 30 days of the course, will be eligible for a 25% refund. Requests to move your registration to another class time is subject to availability of classes and will be subject to a $50 administrative fee.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing, and can be sent to email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding the Approved Supervision designation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.