The Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) requires programs pursuing renewal of accreditation, initial accreditation, or maintenance of accreditation to use the forms linked below. A short description of the individual forms contained in each link is posted to provide guidance for each form. Please note that this page contains both Version 11 and Version 12 forms, programs applying for accreditation after January 1, 2016 will need to use Version 12 forms. For more information on the COAMFTE accreditation process please click here. If you have any questions feel free to contact the COAMFTE staff at email@example.com.
Version 12 Accreditation Forms (Version 12)
The forms listed below should be utilized by programs applying for accreditation under the Version 12 Standards (renewal and initial programs). Please refer to the Accreditation Process Information guide for further instructions regarding the preparation of the Self-Study document.
- SS1 - Application Form Provides brief information on the applicant program, external recognition, and program requirements
- SS1B - Distance Education Form (if applicable) Programs utilizing any Distance Education must complete this form
- SS2 - Cover Page Template to provide an introduction to a program, accreditation history, description of the program, and plans for improvement
- SS3 - Eligibility Criteria Narrative Template Program's response to each of the Eligibility Criterion
- SS4 - Eligibility Chart A Supplements the program's response to Eligibility Criterion A
- SS5 - Eligibility Chart B Supplements the program's response to Eligibility Criterion B
- SS6 - Self-Study Narrative Overview Guide to program's Self-Study Narrative
- SS7 - Mission, Goals, and Outcomes Template Outlines the program's and institution's missions as well as the program's Goals and Outcomes
- SS8 - Self-Study Narrative Template Program's response to each of the COAMFTE Key Elements
- SS9 - Program of Study Outlines the program of study for students
- SS10 - Faculty Summary Listing of current faculty (core and adjunct)
- SS11 - Supervisor Summary Listing of current supervisors
- SS12 - Program Composition and Student Achievement (Initial Programs Only) Overview of students, graduates, faculty, and supervisors at a program
- SS13 - Feedback to the Commission Form (optional) Form to provide feedback to COAMFTE on the accreditation process
- SS14 - Site Visit Date Request Form Communicates three possible dates for a Site Visit to occur in the next Site Visit cycle
- SS15 - Conflict of Interest Form Lists any active Site Visitors with whom the program has a known conflict of interest
- SS16 - Site Visit Agenda (Single Program) Outlines the meeting times the Site Visit Team will have while at the applicant program
- SS16 - Site Visit Agenda (Dual Program) Outlines the meeting times the Site Visit Team will have while at the applicant programs
- Version 12 Forms Portfolio Forms SS1-16 in one portfolio, please be sure to have the most up to date version of Adobe on your device
Renewal of Accreditation Forms (Version 11)
The forms listed below should be utilized as part of the Renewal of Accreditation process outlined in the Accreditation Manual for programs applying under the Version 11 Standards. Please refer to pages 11-12 for instructions regarding the preparation of the Self-Study document.
Initial Accreditation Forms (Version 11)
The forms listed below should be utilized as part of the Initial Accreditation process outlined in the Accreditation Manual for programs applying under the Version 11 Standards. Please refer to pages 11-12 for instructions regarding the preparation of the Self-Study document.
Maintenance of Accreditation Forms (Version 11 and 12)
Accredited programs should utilize the forms below to demonstrate continuing compliance with COAMFTE Accreditation Standards. The Accreditation Manual provides more information on the use of these forms.
- 2016 Annual Report Form Report on graduation rates, licensure information, program composition, etc.
- 2016 Annual Report Form Guide Guide to the form linked above
- Branch Campus Form Programs with new or non-accredited branch campuses complete this form to start the accreditation process for branch campuses
- Request for Extension Form Programs requesting an extension for a Self-Study, Annual Report, etc must provide the exact extension request and rationale utilizing this form
- Substantive Change Before a substantive change is included in an accredited program, programs must receive COAMFTE approval by completing this form
- Special Report Template Template to provide a response to SAC deficiencies and plan for compliance
- Plan for Closure Programs closing must report to COAMFTE on their close-out plan with special attention given to students currently enrolled