To maintain the highest quality systemic/relational supervisors in the field, AAMFT requires that Approved Supervisors take a refresher course prior to the renewal of their designation. This course is designed specifically to meet that requirement and to keep participants up to date on the practice of systemic/relational clinical supervision. This online course includes a 3-hour interactive face-to-face online session; and pre-interactive session preparation of viewing two presentations, readings, and an assignment related to supervision or mentoring contracts. There are no tests or quizzes for this course.
Please note that this is a course, and not a workshop and requires time to prepare before the interactive session. As such, we highly recommend that you register for your desired session at least one week in advance to the session date to ensure that you receive all information needed for the course and have time to prepare. This course must be completed within 6 months of registration.
As of July 1, 2015, all refresher courses are offered exclusively through AAMFT. If you attended a refresher course prior to that date through another provider, you are welcome to contact email@example.com to make sure we can still accept that course toward your renewal.
In order to renew your AAMFT Approved Supervisor designation, you must also complete the AAMFT Approved Supervisor Renewal Form and submit it to AAMFT. If you do not complete and return this form, your supervisor designation will not be renewed.
NOTE: There is a high demand for this course. We at AAMFT will try to meet this demand as best we can; however, to guarantee availability, early registration is strongly advised.
This online course consists of three parts:
- Completion of the online didactic portion to be completed on your own.
- Readings and short assignments as directed by the instructor.
- Participation in one three-hour interactive, online discussion group.
We ask that you please use a headset, earbuds, or any type of personal earphone for the interactive portion of this class. Access and use of a webcam is required for this session, and lack thereof may result in removal from the session. Please be sure to test using the equipment (i.e. computer, browser, headset, etc.) that you are planning to use to complete the course. Access to interactive webinars needs to be from a non-distracting, private place because of confidentiality and security. Please avoid accessing the interactive webinars from public areas (coffeehouses, restaurants, etc.). Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding this.
For the best user experience, please use Google Chrome when accessing your course.
Upcoming Online Discussion Group Times:
Registration for the October - December 2019 courses is closed. All courses are sold out. If you would like to be added to the wait list for January - March , please email email@example.com.
Please note that this is a course, and not a workshop. As such, we highly recommend that you register for your desired session at least one week in advance to the session date to ensure that you receive all information needed for the course.
- Monday, October 7, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Friday, October 18, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Sunday, October 27, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Monday, November 4, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Friday, November 8, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Thursday, November 14, 2019from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Monday, November 18, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Saturday, November 23, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Friday, December 13, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Monday, December 16, 2019from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Thursday, December 19, 2019from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- 6 hours of CE credit will be received after the full completion of the course.
$245 - Each participant will receive a certificate of completion as well as credit for six continuing education hours
Please disregard the December dates on the front page. Please select "Details" or "Register" to continue.
AAMFT is more than happy to provide visual and audio accommodations for those interested in taking this course. If you require accommodations to take this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks before your interactive session.
Technical Requirements for Interactive Portions:
Technical requirements for the online discussion groups are listed below. It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets these needs prior to your discussion groups session.
To ensure that the course starts smoothly and on-time, please test the system that you are planning to use for the course by clicking on this test link. When you log in to the meeting, please be sure to login as a guest. Though you may want to download the Zoom app, we recommend that you log in to the session through the internet browser. This option is located at the bottom of your screen after signing in.. If you are having any technical issues or would like to further test your system, please contact your education coordinator at email@example.com.
- Internet connection with cable modem, DSL or better.
- Webcams are required. Almost all native (integrated) webcams are compatible. External cameras that have been tested include:
- Logitech C100, C120, C310
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 and HD-6000
- Earbuds or headset
In the case of circumstances beyond its control, the AAMFT reserves the right to make necessary changes in presenters and content of all AAMFT Approved Supervision Refresher Courses.
Due to the limited availability of spaces in the online Approved Supervision courses, cancellations and any subsequent request for refund must be made 30 days prior to the start of your scheduled interactive session. Cancellations made within 30 days of the course, will be eligible for a 25% refund. Requests to move your registration to another class time is subject to availability of classes and will be subject to a $50 administrative fee.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing, and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding the Approved Supervision designation, please email email@example.com.