Individuals applying under this pathway should meet the following criteria:
- Master’s or Doctoral degree with related coursework in MFT or mental health field from an accredited institution, that can reasonably be considered towards the Clinical Fellow designation.
- A qualifying graduate degree will be defined as “an integrated course of study which must include five (5) courses) courses from any of the five core educational requirement areas (Marriage and Family Studies, Marriage and Family Therapy, Human Development, Professional Ethics, and Research).
- Must successfully complete any 8 of the 11 required courses in five core requirement areas outlined in the AAMFT curriculum guidelines, either during their graduate program or in a post-degree training program accepted by AAMFT.
- Must demonstrate completion of a clinical practicum or post-degree clinical experience in marriage and family therapy or related mental health field.
Documents to be submitted:
- Application form including the statement of professional ethics.
School provided official transcript in English verifying degree completion with coursework, practicum, and post-degree clinical experience. If the transcript is not in English, it will have to go through a credential evaluation service.
Click here to download the PDF of the Evaluative Pathway Application.