Cancelled and Rescheduled Events:
Official 2020 Leadership Symposium Cancellation Letter
Official Fundamentals of MFT Supervision Cancellation Letter
In addition, the following COAMFTE events will now be held virtually:
- March 10 – 11: AAMFT Board of Directors Spring Meeting (will now be held virtually)
- March 12 – 14: 2020 Leadership Symposium: Camby Hotel, Phoenix, Arizona
- March 16 – 19: Fundamentals of MFT Supervision: Airport Courtyard Marriott, Denver, CO
- June 24 – 26: Institutes for Advanced Systemic Family Therapy: Marriott Resort Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, HI
- March 23-24: Our Lady of the Lake University - Houston Site Visit
- March 30-31: University of Las Vegas - Nevada Site Visit
- April 6-7: Fairfield University - CT Site Visit
- April 20-21: University of Maryland Site Visit
- April 20-21: Hope International University - CA Site Visit
- April 24-25: COAMFTE Spring 2020 Meeting
The following COAMFTE Site Visits have been postponed:
- April 27-28: University of St. Joseph - CT
Message from AAMFT:
It is with deepest regret on behalf of AAMFT, that we must announce the cancellation of the 2020 Leadership Symposium as well as our associated events: AS Refresher Course, Engagement Program Leaders Training Day, Certificate of Leadership orientation scheduled for March 12 – 14, the Fundamentals of MFT Supervision course scheduled for March 16 – 19, 2020, and Institutes for Advanced Systemic Family Therapy in Honolulu, HI scheduled for June 24-26.
This decision to cancel is based on the latest developments of the spread of COVID-19 and came only after much deliberation and careful review of the CDC and WHO situation reports. While we are all extremely disappointed not to be moving forward with the event, we do not want to put our members or presenters into a potential harmful situation. We recognize that the timing of this decision may inconvenience you. However, please know that it was made out of deep concern for the health and well-being of you and your fellow participants. We hope that you will feel a relief to know so you can plan your week accordingly rather than wondering if you should attend or not attend an event away from home during this difficult time. AAMFT staff will be working together in the coming week to work on refunding registration fees for this event in full. We ask for your patience as we work through this process. In the meantime, please contact your travel agent or airline to cancel your flight and, if you are registered at the one of these event properties be sure to cancel that reservation as well. If your travel and/or hotel was booked by an AAMFT staff member, your AAMFT staff contact will handle canceling your flights/hotel and follow up directly with more information. Again, we apologize that we will not be moving forward with these events. Please do not hesitate to contact Dawn Berry, Director of Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
We are proceeding as planned with the following events:
- April 24 - 25: COAMFTE Spring 2020 Meeting
- May 13 - 17: Minority Fellowship Program Training Institute (will now be held virtually)
- October 8 - 9: COAMFTE Fall 2020 Meeting
- November 12 – 15: 2020 Annual Conference: Swan and Dolphin Resort, Orlando, FL
In addition, the following COAMFTE Site Visits will be proceeding as planned:
- May 4-5: Council for Relationships - Philadelphia
- May 14-15: Seattle University
- May 28-29: Alliant International - Irvine
- May 28-29: Alliant International - Los Angeles
- May 28-29: Alliant International - Sacramento
- May 28-29: Alliant International - San Diego
Health Information and Resources:
In an effort to ensure our response to the Coronavirus is based in facts, not driven by fear, we are closely monitoring and reviewing guidance from global, federal and local health authorities to implement what is needed for the good of our event and our membership. Sources for this information include the following:
We will also be adding several new health and safety measures for the event including:
Disinfecting registration counters continuously throughout the day.
- Offering disinfectant wipes near touch screen technology and in each session room for podium and microphones.
We are encouraging participants to follow the guidance of the CDC for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These guidelines include:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Questions or Concerns:
Email Dawn Berry, Director of Events at email@example.com.