Obtaining an ID number for Submitting Abstracts:
We utilize an online submission process designed to increase the accuracy of the information obtained for each abstract. This process requires that abstract submissions have ID numbers for all presenters.
- AAMFT Members should use their Member ID numbers. Please make sure all of your information (address, phone number, e-mail address) is current. You can check your information by logging in with your member ID and password and then clicking on the “Update My Account” icon on the right hand side of the page. If you have questions e-mail email@example.com, or call (703) 838-9808.
- Presenters who are not members of the AAMFT should contact AAMFT Member Services at (703) 838-9808 to obtain a “Guest ID” number.
NOTE: As all correspondence between the AAMFT and presenters will be via e-mail, it is important that an accurate and current e-mail address be on file.
Abstract Review Process:
Abstract submissions must be received by 11:59pm EST, December 1, 2012.
Preference will be given to presentations that address the conference theme.
Each abstract will be peer reviewed using a “blind review” process.
Both reviewers’ ratings and program balance are considerations in the final abstract selections.
Lead presenters will be notified via e-mail in April 2013 of abstract status and they are responsible for conveying this information to the co-presenters.
Reviewer scores are available, upon written request, after June 1, 2013.
Should this abstract be selected, all presenters must agree to the following:
- Presenters must register for the conference and pay all conference fees.
- All Workshop, seminar, and institute presenters must be in attendance at the session, regardless of whether or not they are listed as the first presenter. Research Posters require the attendance of the first presenter, although all Research Poster presenters are encouraged to attend.
- The individual submitting the proposal will be considered the "lead presenter" and agrees to receive all correspondence and accepts responsibility for conveying conference related information to co-presenters.
- Appropriate "Releases of Confidential Information" have been obtained for all client materials and copyrighted materials that will be used or recorded as part of this presentation. The responsibility for protecting client confidentiality rests with the presenters.
- Individuals submitting or included within this proposal have agreed to be present in Portland, Oregon during the time and date assigned to the presentation at the 2013 Annual Conference, and to conduct this proposed presentation according to the conditions listed above.
- The AAMFT audio records conference presentations, including any video or audio excerpts played during the session. The recordings are distributed for educational purposes with no remuneration to presenters; proceeds are used to support the practice and profession of marriage and family therapy. Audio recordings of sessions will be available to presenters at a discounted price. Personal recording of your own or other conference sessions is not permitted.
- Submit presentation handouts and/or PowerPoint presentations to be incorporated into the conference recordings.
- All presenters agree to submit a current Resume or CV in WORD (or compatible) format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The name of the attachment should be "Member ID Number-CV.doc". Please enter your member ID as a six digit number (e.g., if your ID # is 4697 the file should be named 004697-CV.doc). Resumes should be sent by December 1, 2012. NOTE: If your name is listed on multiple abstract submissions, AAMFT only needs ONE copy of your resume. You do NOT need to submit a resume for each separate submission.
- For presentations involving research with human subjects, the presenters confirm that the research has received approval from the appropriate Institutional Review Board and the data has been collected in an ethical manner.
- All Research Poster presenters affirm that data collection and analysis for the proposed abstract is complete at the time of this submission.