Certificate in Leadership
AAMFT is pleased to launch our second cohort (2017-2018) for the Certificate in Leadership. This unique program has been developed to provide MFTs of all levels with the skills to enable them to help advance both their own careers and our vibrant and expanding profession.
Designed to be completed over 18-months, this program is the first of its kind for MFTs. Built around a unique mix of training, education, mentoring, and self-discovery that delivers the most comprehensive experience available. The training will focus on key areas of leadership development both in the concept and the practical application of skills.
This credential is ideal for:
- MFTs interested in leadership positions within their place of work, communities, or within AAMFT.
- MFTs interested in key roles in advocacy or policy development.
- Emerging MFTs interested in developing a foundation of leadership skills to guide their careers.
- In-person training at the Leadership Symposium and the Annual Conference Institute - Training will focus on key areas of leadership development both in concept and the practical application of skills
- Online, on demand training via Teneo - Additional courses to enhance and customize your experience to your needs
- Personalized DiSC inventory - Personalized assessment to determine leadership and communication strengths and areas for improvement
- Mentor pairing - Get connected with a leader in the MFT field for advisement and mentoring
- Leadership portfolio - Development of portfolio to showcase leadership skills and efforts
Leadership Symposium: 15 hours
Annual Conference Institutes: 5 hours
Online Teneo training: 6 hours
Personalized DiSC assessment: 4 hours
*All 30 hours must be completed
$550 - This cost includes Leadership Symposium and Annual Conference Institute (Thursday) registration. Full Annual Conference registration can be added for an additional $200, an exclusive offer for those in the Certificate in Leadership cohort.
Up the 5 scholarship opportunities are available for the 2017 cohort. View the Scholarship Application for the AAMFT Certificate in Leadership for instructions and qualifications. Applications must be received by December 29, 2016. Questions regarding the scholarship should be sent to email@example.com.
Technical Requirements for Online Portion
To access the Teneo video courses, you will need to use either Google Chrome or Apple Safari as your internet browser. Click here to download Google Chrome or download Apple Safari.
In the case of circumstances beyond its control, AAMFT reserves the right to make necessary changes in presenters and content of all AAMFT Certificate in Leadership training.
Due to the nature of the training related to the AAMFT Certificate in Leadership, cancellations and any subsequent request for refund must be made 30 days prior to the start of the Leadership Symposium for a full refund. Cancellations made up to 30 days before the Conference Institute (held in conjunction with the AAMFT Annual Conference), will be eligible for a 25% refund. Cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the Conference Institute will not be eligible for a refund.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing, and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.