Online Approved Supervision Refresher Course
To maintain the highest quality supervisors in the field, AAMFT requires that Approved Supervisors take a refresher course prior to the renewal of their designation. This course is designed specifically to meet that requirement and to keep participants up to date on the practice of clinical supervision. In addition to attending a 3-hour online live webinar, participants will view PowerPoint presentations, read a few articles, and complete 2 short written assignments, one before the webinar and one after.
NOTE: There is a high demand for this course. We at AAMFT will try to meet this demand as best we can; however, to guarantee availability, early registration is strongly advised.
This online course consists of three parts:
- Completion of a two-hour online didactic portion to be completed on your own through AAMFT's Teneo online learning system.
- Readings and short assignments as directed by the instructor.
- Participation in one three-hour interactive, online discussion group.
Upcoming Discussion Group Times:
Friday, April 17, 2015 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Friday, May 29, 2015 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Friday, June 12, 2015 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Friday, June 19, 2015 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
5 hours of CE credit will be received after the full completion of this course.
$215 - Each participant will receive a certificate of completion as well as credit for five continuing education hours
Technical Requirements for Interactive Portions:
(Please note the technical requirements for the online
discussion groups are listed below. It is your responsibility to ensure
your computer system meets these needs prior to your discussion groups session):
In order to participate in the interactive portion of this class, you will need to download the BlueJeans plugin to gain access to the class. This helpful PDF will instruct you on how to download and test this software.
- Internet connection with cable modem, DSL or better.
- PC or Mac Computer
- PC: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server. Dual core 2.4 GHz CPU or faster with at least 2
GB of RAM.
- Mac: Mac OS® X 10.6 Snow Leopard®, Mac OS® X 10.7 (Lion®) or Mac OS® X 10.8 (Mountain Lion®). 2.4GHz Intel processor (Core 2 Duo) or faster with at least 1 GB of RAM.
- Internet Explorer® 7.0 or newer, Mozilla® Firefox® 4.0 or newer, Google Chrome™ 5.0 or newer or Safari® 3.0 or newer.
- 700Kbps or more bandwidth recommended per participant for simultaneous screen sharing, audio and video conferencing.
- Headsets, headphones, earbuds, or any personal earphone.
This course CANNOT be accessed using an iPad or other mobile device.
Due to the limited availability of spaces in the online Approved Supervision courses, cancellations and any subsequent request for refund must be made 30 days prior to the start of your scheduled interactive session. Cancellations made within 30 days of the course, will be eligible for a 25% refund. Requests to move your registration to another class time is subject to availability of classes and will be subject to a $50 administrative fee.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing, and can be sent to email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding the Approved Supervision designation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.