Division Listserve Policies
The “DivList” is an electronic division information exchange list (listserve) provided by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT). Participation on this DivList is available to division presidents, president-elects, staff and other leaders designated by the president. Past presidents will have access to the list for three months following their term of service as president. Some of the objectives for the DivList are to strengthen the communication between divisions so that collaborative partnerships can be formed; facilitate the dissemination of information; to promote the discussion of issues related to the work of the divisions; to gather information on division issues in a quick and effective manner; and to enhance the communication between AAMFT and the divisions. Potential topics for discussion could include:
- Division programs
- Models and philosophies of leadership
- Dilemmas faced in leadership
- Division literature
- Theoretical programs
To help facilitate discussion, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use this list only for division-related discussions (i.e. management, advocacy, division programs, etc.). To contact another division about a referral, please use the AAMFT Division Contact list to send your inquiry directly to the respective division or use www.TherapistLocator.net.
- If you want to send a personal response to one or more persons, please DO NOT hit the reply button. Personal messages should be sent by hitting the “forward” button then typing or copying and pasting the relevant email information into the message box. In the “TO” box, you will need to type the intended recipient’s email address. Personal emails, questions and comments should be sent off-list (i.e. “thank you,” “I agree,” “see you there,” or therapist referrals).
- Do not post any material regarding specific prices or fees charged or paid or any anti-trust messages that imply price fixing. Do not post any materials suggesting any boycotts of services of any entity or any materials, which violate anti-trust laws.
- When posting a question, be sure that you entitle it with a good, concise, explanatory title in the subject line.
- Please include your name at the end of your messages and responses, plus add your email address under your name with each post. This will facilitate off-list discussion and direct responses when appropriate.
- To join group discussions, you merely need to hit the “reply” button and send the message to all DivList members. Remember that each time you hit reply button everyone will get the message.
- If you must post a long message, please inform the other subscribers with a statement in the body of the message at the top. It is encouraged to summarize the message in the first paragraph.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information that discloses client confidences or that might suggest the identity of a current or former client.
- Do not post any information or other materials protected by copyrights without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AAMFT and users of this list the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
- Please use the following email address to post a message to the listserve firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAMFT does not actively monitor this discussion list for inappropriate postings, and does not, on its own, undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to AAMFT’s attention, the Association will take all appropriate action.
AAMFT reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the above guidelines.
As a sponsor of the DivList, AAMFT will post information that it deems appropriate for division consideration.
AAMFT accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. AAMFT disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AAMFT or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AAMFT be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter, if you have any questions please feel free to contact Division Affairs by email at DivisionAffairs@aamft.org.
Rev. July 2008